Nave provides integration with some of the most popular management tools on the market, including big names like Jira, Trello, Asana and Azure DevOps. However, our customers often track their data manually, or just want to control the data that they upload to the cloud for security reasons.
That is why we have introduced manual data uploads at Nave through CSV and JSON files to enable you to integrate with our platform regardless of the system that you use to manage your workflow. This is designed to give users the flexibility to anonymize their data, and so keep their privacy.
CSV File Format
Our manual data upload tool accepts comma separated .csv files. You can download our sample file and modify it for your own data.
There are a few formatting rules that your .csv file should follow:
- The first row of your file should be reserved for the column names in each of your data fields. Column names can’t contain newlines, unclosed quotes, or any special characters.
- The first column should contain the identifiers of your items. It should be called Id. That column is mandatory. The values in it are also mandatory, and should be unique.
- The second column should be called Name; it is mandatory, and should contain the names of your items. The values, however, are optional and could stay empty if you’d like to anonymize your data.
- The next set of columns represent the sequential steps of your workflow. Each column should contain the date your item entered the corresponding workflow step. The dates on your file must use a dd/MM/yyyy format.
- The column following your workflow steps is dedicated to store the time that your items spent blocked in the workflow. This column is mandatory, and should be named Blocked Days. It should contain the number of blocked days of your item. It has a default value of 0.
- You can have any number of custom fields after the Blocked Days column, which could include data such as work item type, assignee, label, priority etc. If included, each of these columns will be treated as a filter to enable a more granular analysis of your data. If you’d like to assign multiple values per custom field, the values should be placed in square brackets, separated with vertical bars [value 1|value 2 |value 3]
WE UNCOVER THE EFFICIENCY OF YOUR WORKFLOW
Optimize your performance with Kanban analyticsSee a dashboard with your data
JSON File Format
We also provide the option to import your data uploading a .json file. Please make sure your file conforms to the correct file format.
If you are using Jira Server to manage your process, and your instance is not exposed publicly, you can use this URL to directly extract your data in a .json file format
- JIRA_INSTANCE is your instance URL, (e.g. nave.atlassian.net)
- BOARD_ID is the ID of your board. It is listed in the rapidView parameter of your board URL, (e.g. https://nave.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=4)
We provide a public facing API to enable the automatic upload of your files to Nave. Please contact us for more details.
May you enjoy a smoother, more efficient workflow.
Meet the Author
Sonya Siderova is a passionate product manager and a driving force behind Nave, a Kanban analytics suite that helps teams become more efficient through data-driven decision making. When she's not catering to her two little ones, you might find Sonya absorbed in a good heavyweight boxing match or behind a screen crafting a new blog post.
"Nave’s powerful data-visualization toolkit helps you optimize your flow and take your team to a whole new level. T… https://t.co/znpofG06htFollow
Take your training and consultancy sessions to a whole new level. With Kanban analytics on their existing tools, yo… https://t.co/8iNe3zZS87Follow
Models of self-government, as well as models of harmonized autonomy, have emerged to address the need for strategic… https://t.co/Fkn2w1FybrFollow
Learn how applying Kaizen principles brings continuous improvement to your business practices, increases your perfo… https://t.co/EKejZQdt98Follow
Are you ready to recap the benefits Kanban analytics can bring to your teams? Choose your platform today!… https://t.co/IBRMXPLPXOFollow
In Kanban, Little’s Law links the three basic flow metrics – throughput, cycle time and work in progress. Understan… https://t.co/lz0dCe8fJLFollow
Choose your platform today and deliver outstanding customer value sooner with our range of analytical charts.… https://t.co/maqOaaqgFbFollow
Learn more about how a Financial Technology Company in Brazil evolve from 20 teams running around 50 initiatives to… https://t.co/3pk151Pm1MFollow
The Aging Chart for Trello helps you identify where your process is slowing down while tasks are still in progress.… https://t.co/D51LQOxxhIFollow
After many years of experience with classic waterfall projects at Sitegeist, in 2013 Gina and Sven started to compl… https://t.co/f33g593GhPFollow
Large teams and complex projects face a common issue – the Kanban board becomes cluttered and hard to read. Learn h… https://t.co/uxW9I3XhhpFollow
All of our plans come with full visibility into your past performance so that you can make decisions based on your… https://t.co/CECD3QA2MnFollow
Product teams who use Nave to analyze their workflows can make empirical predictions based on their performance dat… https://t.co/w2UOo7Q3q5Follow
When implementing Kanban, it can be difficult to know how much work has been done, and how well your team is perfor… https://t.co/sT6p8qDJfxFollow
With Nave, you can use your favorite tool to boost your productivity and improve workflow efficiency.… https://t.co/KhWe93qHO0Follow
This is the story of how 30 teams in Petrobras have evolved their maturity and how patterns of evolution can be rec… https://t.co/AHImgtqYBrFollow
Nave's Kanban analytics suite helps you collaborate better and ship faster across all of your Azure boards. Unleash… https://t.co/NttVDesyGoFollow
Choose your platform today and deliver outstanding customer value sooner with our range of analytical charts that v… https://t.co/ZEJTgy7JweFollow