Nave provides integration with some of the most popular management tools on the market, including big names like Jira, Trello, Asana, and Azure DevOps. However, our customers often track their data manually or just want to control the data that they upload to the cloud for security reasons.
That is why we have introduced manual data uploads at Nave through CSV and JSON files to enable you to integrate with our platform regardless of the system that you use to manage your workflow. This is designed to give users the flexibility to anonymize their data, and so keep their privacy.
CSV File Format
Our manual data upload tool accepts comma separated .csv files. You can download our sample file and modify it for your own data. The file size limit for uploads to Nave is 32MB.
There are a few formatting rules that your .csv file should follow:
- The first row of your file should be reserved for the column names in each of your data fields. Column names can’t contain newlines, unclosed quotes, or any special characters.
- The first column should contain the identifiers of your items. It should be called Id. That column is mandatory. The values in it are also mandatory and should be unique.
- The second column should be called Name; it is mandatory and should contain the names of your items. The values, however, are optional and could stay empty if you’d like to anonymize your data.
- The next set of columns represent the sequential steps of your workflow. Each column should contain the date your item entered the corresponding workflow step. The dates on your file must use a dd/MM/yyyy format.
- The column following your workflow steps is dedicated to storing the date range that your items spent blocked in the workflow. This column is mandatory and should be named Blocked Date Range. It should contain the date range your item has been blocked. The date range should look like this [dd/MM/yyyy-dd/MM/yyyy]. You can specify multiple date ranges, separated with vertical bars [dd/MM/yyyy-dd/MM/yyyy | dd/MM/yyyy-dd/MM/yyyy].
- If you’d like to assess your due date performance by comparing the time between the start date and due date of a task with the actual time it took to deliver your work, add a new column right after Blocked Date Range. This column is optional and should be named Due Date. It should contain the item’s due date, and it must use a dd/MM/yyyy format.
- You can have any number of custom fields after the Blocked Date Range column, which could include data such as work item type, assignee, label, priority, etc. If included, each of these columns will be treated as a filter to enable a more granular analysis of your data. If you’d like to assign multiple values per custom field, the values should be placed in square brackets, separated with vertical bars [value 1|value 2|value 3]
JSON File Format
We also provide the option to import your data uploading a .json file. Please make sure your file conforms to the correct file format. The file size limit is again 32MB.
If you are using Jira Server to manage your process, and your instance is not exposed publicly, you can use this URL to directly extract your data in a .json file format
- JIRA_INSTANCE is your instance URL, (e.g. nave.atlassian.net)
- BOARD_ID is the ID of your board. It is listed in the rapidView parameter of your board URL, (e.g. https://nave.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=4)
For .json support in Azure DevOps Server, please contact us.
We provide a public-facing API to enable the automatic upload of your files to Nave. Please contact us for more details.
May you enjoy a smoother, more efficient workflow.
Meet the Author
Sonya Siderova is a passionate product manager and a driving force behind Nave, a Kanban analytics suite that helps teams improve their delivery speed through data-driven decision making. When she's not catering to her two little ones, you might find Sonya absorbed in a good heavyweight boxing match or behind a screen crafting a new blog post.
Take your training and consultancy sessions to a whole new level. With Kanban analytics on their existing tools, yo… https://t.co/cFCxoaUeJNFollow
How organizations can be successful in their pursuit of agility by leading with purpose, creating customer-centric… https://t.co/5sHBveVpmjFollow
A chain is as strong as its weakest link and a process is limited by its slowest step – its constraint. The Theory… https://t.co/ub5OtCXWijFollow
A Cycle Time Histogram with a big hump on the left and a very long tail to the right indicates that your cycle time… https://t.co/qVnh8bTFZmFollow
Identifying services and achieving flow of information are the keys to scaling across an enterprise. Learn more abo… https://t.co/EFFDbNjV9JFollow
Businesses with higher levels of team motivation perform better for a simple reason: they appreciate their employee… https://t.co/VnkDTJAIF9Follow
Immersive charts for your Jira projects. Get more done, faster, with Nave analytics on Jira. Start your free 14-day… https://t.co/cyZhw9wQw8Follow
Learn how to efficiently manage blocked work in Kanban to drive evolutionary change and deliver work in a quicker,… https://t.co/NINEr9yPZxFollow
Rely on data, not instincts. Nave Power-Up for Trello builds immersive analytical charts over your Trello boards. T… https://t.co/AfHkWytZeBFollow
High flow efficiency is vital to sustaining a scalable, productive business. Learn how you can calculate, analyze a… https://t.co/TjXc2yOgqvFollow
Follow this guide to quickly and easily set up Nave in Jira. We've broken down the process in three simple steps so… https://t.co/6RsMGcCUFFFollow
Product teams often argue which is better, but the focus should be on how to merge Kanban and Scrum together to del… https://t.co/lVOh9ARV7jFollow
Get straight to the essence of your Azure board data and analyze your processes with our immersive data-visualizati… https://t.co/wzeM5fv1UTFollow
Optimizing workflow efficiency is often at the forefront of project managers’ minds, but eliminating individual's i… https://t.co/QqQ6lcK9dkFollow
Yesterday's webinar was a great success. It was such a pleasure to have so many people passionate about making reli… https://t.co/4hszHx1h5hFollow
Rely on data to build better software. Your Jira project, visualised across enhanced Kanban analytics. Try out our… https://t.co/oc8pksGwkTFollow
Improve your business' performance while working remotely with Kanban. Presented by SquirrelNorth along with guests… https://t.co/FvuqFHClcHFollow
Learn how to make accurate, data-driven estimation to stay on track, meet deadlines and keep a high level of custom… https://t.co/MHXZoGOVY1Follow