Nave provides integration with some of the most popular management tools on the market, including big names like Jira, Trello, Asana, and Azure DevOps. However, our customers often track their data manually or just want to control the data that they upload to the cloud for security reasons.
That is why we have introduced manual data uploads at Nave through CSV and JSON files to enable you to integrate with our platform regardless of the system that you use to manage your workflow. This is designed to give users the flexibility to anonymize their data, and so keep their privacy.
CSV File Format
Our manual data upload tool accepts comma separated .csv files. You can download our sample file and modify it for your own data. The file size limit for uploads to Nave is 32MB.
There are a few formatting rules that your .csv file should follow:
- The first row of your file should be reserved for the column names in each of your data fields. Column names can’t contain newlines, unclosed quotes, or any special characters.
- The first column should contain the identifiers of your items. It should be called Id. That column is mandatory. The values in it are also mandatory and should be unique.
- The second column should be called Name; it is mandatory and should contain the names of your items. The values, however, are optional and could stay empty if you’d like to anonymize your data.
- The next set of columns represent the sequential steps of your workflow. Each column should contain the date your item entered the corresponding workflow step. The dates on your file must use a dd/MM/yyyy format.
- The column following your workflow steps is dedicated to storing the time that your items spent blocked in the workflow. This column is mandatory and should be named Blocked Days. It should contain the number of blocked days of your item. It has a default value of 0.
- If you’d like to assess your due date performance by comparing the time between the start date and due date of a task with the actual time it took to deliver your work, add a new column right after Blocked Days. This column is optional and should be named Due Date. It should contain the item’s due date, and it must use a dd/MM/yyyy format.
- You can have any number of custom fields after the Blocked Days column, which could include data such as work item type, assignee, label, priority, etc. If included, each of these columns will be treated as a filter to enable a more granular analysis of your data. If you’d like to assign multiple values per custom field, the values should be placed in square brackets, separated with vertical bars [value 1|value 2 |value 3]
JSON File Format
We also provide the option to import your data uploading a .json file. Please make sure your file conforms to the correct file format. The file size limit is again 32MB.
If you are using Jira Server to manage your process, and your instance is not exposed publicly, you can use this URL to directly extract your data in a .json file format
- JIRA_INSTANCE is your instance URL, (e.g. nave.atlassian.net)
- BOARD_ID is the ID of your board. It is listed in the rapidView parameter of your board URL, (e.g. https://nave.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=4)
We provide a public-facing API to enable the automatic upload of your files to Nave. Please contact us for more details.
May you enjoy a smoother, more efficient workflow.
Meet the Author
Sonya Siderova is a passionate product manager and a driving force behind Nave, a Kanban analytics suite that helps teams become more efficient through data-driven decision making. When she's not catering to her two little ones, you might find Sonya absorbed in a good heavyweight boxing match or behind a screen crafting a new blog post.
Learn how to integrate the Principles of Influence with the Fit-For-Purpose framework and the Kanban Method through… https://t.co/97I5jdsIG1Follow
Two Kanban roles, Service Request Manager and Service Delivery Manager have emerged to equip teams with important d… https://t.co/QrpmJ0i45SFollow
Are you struggling to perform accurate delivery predictions? Download our complete guide to forecasting!… https://t.co/KSThETGbKMFollow
Product teams who use Nave to analyze their workflow can make empirical predictions based on their performance data… https://t.co/FPYPwRmuhLFollow
Are you ready to recap the benefits Kanban analytics can bring to your workflows? Choose your platform, and get sta… https://t.co/Id41c55WmZFollow
With the Nave Kanban Analytics Power-Up for Trello, you'll see beyond your Kanban boards. Analyze your workflow, id… https://t.co/7OqdMb1R5RFollow
Learn more about the Kanban System Accelerator and how is it used within Duke Energy’s Agile Capability Center.… https://t.co/mjtRIiKo8gFollow
Businesses that are truly fit for purpose are positioned for long-term survival and success. Here's an in-depth rev… https://t.co/0tMEyPT8R0Follow
Try our advanced Kanban analytics suite for free on your favorite tool and start leveraging the power of data-drive… https://t.co/nFM71d32nLFollow
Product teams often argue which is better, but the focus should be on how to merge Kanban and Scrum together to del… https://t.co/rd9rS1VZPlFollow
Learn more about the experience of changing an organization with 130 years of history and more than 2,000 employees… https://t.co/T6YfSoJBL2Follow
Did you ever wonder what’s cooking behind the doors of Nave laboratory? Now you can take a peek inside our product… https://t.co/cAHqkCD8enFollow
The key to battle process bottlenecks is to fully recognize but not fight the symptoms. Instead, managers need to a… https://t.co/SLO3QON7B1Follow
Are you ready to recap the benefits Kanban analytics can bring to your team? Start your free 14-day trial today!… https://t.co/hfT9ty5esnFollow
Having a self-funded SaaS company keeps your mind sharp and reminds you how important your initiative is from both… https://t.co/BXKt2ZIFVpFollow
Jira teams can now use Nave to optimize their software development processes. Follow our three-step guide to get st… https://t.co/DtxfR4IykCFollow
It’s all about trust, respect and appreciation. If your employees are engaged, have a purpose and feel motivated, t… https://t.co/sBYwDottlRFollow